Our tavern – the story
The Osteria dei Francesi (original name) is already mentioned in the chronicles of travelers of the 18th Century. At the time, the inn was run by Luigia duty (1843-1928). Unfortunately, Luigia was widowed at 42 years already with eight children to feed and grow. In the canton of Lucerne Luigi, one of her sons made a living as a mountain guide in the summer months at the Campo Peat and winter as a carpenter furniture. He learned the wood processing techniques in Lucerne. The yellow shingles on the facade of the house and the furniture inlaid still remember the ultramontane style. The characteristic wooden construction holding the heavy stone roof demonstrates the remarkable ability and creativity of the craftsmen from Ticino since then (in dialect “teciatt”). The Antica Osteria Dazio is located in the village of Fusio in the vicinity of the church.
Privacy & Cookies Policy
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.